One page checkout makes interaction with checkout process smother and effortless. According to many investigations this could increase sales. I personally try to avoid shops where I need to click too much times. It takes more time and pretty annoying…
In this video we will talk about extenion that is made by MagePlaza. This extension called “One Step Checkout” and designed for Magento 2 platform. This extension will help you to transfrom the default two step checkout process to more user friendly one page checkout.
The installation of extension is really easy and consist of 3 main steps. Let’s review them:
- Make a full backup of your Magento 2 installation especially if you are about to install on the live environment.
- Launch FTP software such as FileZilla or WinSCP and connect to your server.
- Create the following directory path: app/code/Mageplaza/Osc
- Download ZIP file with extension and unzip it.
- Upload all the files from extension folder “Osc_v2…..” to “app/code/Mageplaza/Osc”
Now login via SSH for example with Putty software to the root directory with your Magento 2 files and execute the following commands one-by-one:
composer require mageplaza/module-core php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
One it’s done, go to Admin section and finish configuration. Practically you just need to set 3 options, the rest are optional.
Go to: Stores -> Configuration -> MAGEPLAZA EXTENSIONS -> One Step Checkout
- Enable One Step Checkout – uncheck it and set to “Yes”
- Default Shipping Method – select Shipping Method by default
- Default Payment Method – select Payment Method by default
Save Configuration and Clean the Cache on Magento side and in your browser!
Open your website and do test order to make sure that One Page Checkout is activated and working properly with no errors.
I hope you will enjoy using the extension and feel free to comment on this if you have questions or concerns.
User Manual for One Page Checkout: http://docs.mageplaza.com/one-step-checkout-m2/