Devil in details I am almost sure you’ve heard such meaning and this is all about Layred Navigation from Mageworx. The difference between “just good” and “excellent” sometimes not so easy to understand. At first hand, Magento 2 provides all the features from the box, but when you start digging into the details there is always space to improve and especially this very important if you are solid with your business and want to make best customer experience.
Fairly it’s not the problem directly but personally it makes me annoying when I could not select multiple options/criterias when I browse to over store. And from the box Magento 2 do not have workaround to get this resolved, so if you are about to select a criteria or filtering option, you can select the single entity only! It makes me sad… and there is a risk I will no longer return to this store anymore because I don’t want to waste my time here for searching and I will switch to the store with better user experience where I can select multiple product criterias and get the list of available options at once.
Solution: Mageworx have the answer 🙂
Layered Navigation extension from Mageworx could significantly improve customer experience as it allows to select multiple options at once. Make customer experience Great Again! 🙂
Installation & Configuration:
The installation of extension is really easy and consist of 3 main steps. Let’s review them:
- Make a full backup of your Magento 2 installation especially if you are about to install on the live environment.
- Download “Ready-to-paste Package” ZIP file with extension from you Mageworx user panel and unzip it.
- Upload via FTP/SFTP all the extension files from “app” folder to folder “app” where Magento is installed
- Launch console, for example using Putty software and make sure you are in the root directory if Magento
- Execute the command below one-by-one:
php bin/magento module:enable MageWorx_LayeredNavigation php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento cache:flush php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Login to your Magento Admin panel and go to:
Stores: -> Configuration: -> MAGEWORX: -> Leyered Navigation Pro:
Set to “Yes” the following to options:
- Allow Multi-select (Yes)
- Multi-select State by Defaul (Yes)
Save config and Clean the Cache!
You are done! Congrats!
More interesting extensions by Mageworks: here